Tuesday, February 07, 2012

The Shine has worn off my brillance

Lately, work has been incredibly busy and I have been traveling all over the state. I actually like it except for today's drive, the Malibu they gave me had a super rough drive. I drove to Tulsa and back by 1:30 p.m. and was plum worn out.

The flood of work won't slow down until probably May. I am not overly thrill about this but have decided that I will do what I can and the other stuff will have to wait.

I am lacking some of the confidence I need to do my job due to the extreme workload and I feel like I am slamming things out. I don't like to make errors and yet, lately that been more abundant than I like. I need to figure out how to slow down and be okay with being behind.
I will have the annual report completed by the end of the week and hopefully get to work on our awareness day like I feel I should. I don't like planning events and not being able to devote the proper amount of time.

Then on top of working late and weekends trying to catch up at work, I am trying to complete a side web site job. Talk about burning the candle at both ends (I'm melting). To make this even harder, I have not had a coke, refined sugar, french fries, chocolate, or Mexican food since January 3. I hate diets.

My baby dog is not happy with all this working. He has taken to laying down next to me and pushing the laptop away. I think he has the right idea.

Enough for now...

No comments: