Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Surprised Nine is Fine

I am now coding my websites with HTML5 and have upgraded from Internet Explorer 8  to Internet Explorer 9. Actually, I haven't cared much one way or the other about IE, I have just always had to use it because JAWS users must use it. I have to design for IE.

I am surprised that I really like it. It seems real fast and HTML5 components and CSS3 tend to behave the way they are supposed to.  What really amazes me, are the people who don't upgrade their browsers and some are still using IE 6. It was introduced in 2001, why would you still use a browser that old. People, your browsers are free, upgrade for every web designers sake.

What was difficult at first was that the tabs are on top of the browser above all the menus and kind of transparent. I keep having to hunt for them before I remember they are up there. I don't like that the favorites are in the right corner now, my mother will never find them on her computer (I may not upgrade her browser and ten years from now she will still be using IE 8).

Just for a little comedic relief, I thought I would add this Toyota commercial. I love her line "I am an only child, [dramatic pause] except for my sister." It just cracks me up!



Enough for now...

No comments: