Saturday, July 09, 2011

Where did the time go?

Paul Cezanne's Pierrot and Harlequin
 For some reason, I looked up exactly how long I have lived here and I was floored. It's been seven years! Winston will be seven in September and Seamus just turned ten or eleven. Wait a minute and let me catch up, world!

As we get older, it feels as though time speeds up. Do you remember counting your birthday by half the year and now, dang it, another one? Really? Do you remember once Sears published that giant Christmas (TOYS!) catalog and after all the special pages had been dog eared and marked up - the days would warp and life would move in slow motion? Now you blink and some stupid store is playing "White Christmas."

No wonder I am ready to put up my Pierrots and Harlequin Dolls and redesign my bedroom. It's been seven years! The real problem is that I love my house and the way it is decorated but not that crazy about my bedroom. It's blah, so I want something really "WOW" but its so small I don't know if I can get "WOW" in there. It's small and I have a large dresser that is a keeper and a huge bay window (that I love) but it takes away one wall in the design theme.

Anyone got a great idea on how to decorate this room? No, Kim, I don't think lime green would be an option for me!

Enough for now...

No comments: