Saturday, July 16, 2011

An expensive way to start the day

A couple of days ago, Theresa asked me what was wrong with my tire. I look at the part of the tire on the ground and it didn't look flat. So I said "Nothing." Then she pointed out the tread and said you've got nothing here. It's bald. "Really?" I said not really worried about it.

Well, that conversation nagged at me, so I went to Hibdon first thing this morning. The guy behind the counter went out to inspect my tire and came back in with a frown on his face. He comes over and said "that right front tire is separating and the back left is wha wha wha." Somehow I tuned him out on that back tire when I heard that the one was separating.

I have been driving in massive construction on I40 and a blow out there would have been disasterous. So my crappy little car with only three hubcaps has two new shoes and an alignment. Now, the loss of more than $250 bucks stings, especially when I thought I'd was just going in to get a rotation and maybe, maybe not, a new tire.

Sometimes it sucks to be a grown up. This is the second month in a row with an unexpectant $250 bill.

Enough for now...

No comments: