Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Death is Expensive

I bought my last home today and while it was a good thing, it is kind of weird putting money down on a burial plot.

Three grand to rest in peace? For that kind of money, I should have a live band playing continuous so my after life has party music. I plan to dance for eternity. Oh, and that is just the plot, vault and head stone.

One of the things that is hardest of all is that I am having to do many grown up things like plan for my death or buy a house and I don't feel like a grown up. It is a surreal feeling, if I am not looking in the mirror, I feel too young to be doing these things.

It is nice to know that when something happens to me that the details will be taken care of.  It's hard to blog about death. I know I am going to die one day but I don't want to dwell on it either. While vampires make a good story, I don't believe that I will be bitten, made immortal and live forever. So I must buy a home for when I must leave my home.

I told mom that if we leave everything up to my nephew, I'd be lucky to get in the cemetery much less in a plot. My ashes might ride around in his trunk till he got around to releasing them to the wind or digging a hole somewhere. Nope, I will handle all the details and pick out a pretty urn and give him the name of the cemetery to call when I finally kick the bucket.

Enough for now...

No comments: