Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Feet Up and Oatmeal Cookies

My agency today, through the wonderful help of fantastic volunteers, was able to host our annual awareness day where we probably moved more than 500 people through the state capitol to visit legislators and the 64 exhibitors. Our door leaders were equated to the most awesome valets our exhibitors ever met.

I ran up and down the stairs a million times. It was so easy flying up the stairs at 7:30 a.m. and by noon
I was crawling up them. Now a few hours later, my thighs are starting to be sore. I know marble floors are really beautiful but why can't the Capitol be carpeted? It wouldn't kill your feet as much.

While I did get to see a lot of familiar friendly faces, there were so many I that did not get to talk to. Most  everyone wore green so we stood out.  I am so happy that this year's event lacked any negative drama and I actually had very little to do because everything went so smoothly.

We now have about three to four days of work to do the analysis on the event and feedback survey and after that, I don't want to plan or think about this event for at least eight or nine months.

Enough for now (my feet really really hurt)...

No comments: