Thursday, February 17, 2011

Music to no one's ears, but I did have fun

What song takes you back to your early childhood? I tend to hear "I can see clearly now the rain is gone" or "Delta Dawn what's that flower you have on..." but wait there's also "These boots are made for walking."

I really don't care for these songs but they remind me of being a little girl at home and just discovering that music has actual words. The truly scary thing is that I still think I could sing the entire song, "Delta Dawn," without to much prompting or cheating. Yeah, I memorized it.

I think one of the reasons that I loved that song so much is that I could really really really belt it out. "Delta Dawn" when you're seven or eight is just perfect for screaming. Now, think of these three song, do you really want to hear a child sing them? To make matters worse, I cannot sing one iota! When I sing dogs run for their lives.

Mom, Dad, Sis, I am sorry for the many hours I revelled in the ignorance that I could not carrying a tune. I did not know that my singing was awful until I was in 7th grade and Janice Dawson made me sing a short solo to determine if I was a alto or soprano. That was the first day of choir and I think I lip sync the entire year.



Enough for now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can i get a sample.....maybe Journey dont spot believing...

Anonymous said...

or shall i say stop