Monday, February 21, 2011

Coffee, blood sugar, give me a break!

I have recently changed my diet to include more whole foods versus processed food and it's going okay. As I was reading up on this new way of eating, I learned I should not be drinking coffee. Oh lordy, lordy what shall I do? I mean coffee makes morning and work bareable. Coffee makes sure that I don't tear someone's head off. Coffee is why we live, isn't it?

With such a high occurance of diabetes in my family, I am living my life as if I have it. I am taking a proactive stance on this horrible condition so that I don't end up having to take another pill daily or give myself shots.

So I have given up coffee and found I really like hot green tea and because of this I thought I would try other teas. The experimenting began, on Saturday I tried Apple Cimamon Tea. Well, I am trying to figure out how to express the horror that spread itself all over my mouth and how that horror is burned in to my brain to this day! That was the nastiest tasting stuff I have ever put in my mouth. I kind of like it to one of those meals on Survivor where it's ground up beattle or something more horrible.

Morning came and quite honestly, I was afraid to continue the experiment. I have two more boxes of tea, Earl Grey and Constant Comment, to try. With Saturday's experience I was scared to death to try again, I have heard a lot about Earl Grey, so I attempted it next.

I got one cup down, eh, didn't knock me over. Later on, I thought I'd try again. Okay, I can drink this, it is stronger than Green Tea but it grows on you. Life without coffee, we will see if I can do this.

Enough for now...

No comments: