Tuesday, February 22, 2011

We need a healthy dose of healthy

Enough already! Dad has pneumonia. Seamus is licking his leg again. Mom is exhausted from caring for her sister. Aunt is ill. Friend Theresa is barking like a seal. Winston is needy.

I think I need a vacation but I don't think I could enjoy it for wondering how everyone was fairing. Dad is trying to say that he's not been sick that long and only gone to the doctor a couple of time prior to today. The man has been fighting a cough for more than six weeks. He's gone to the doctor's three times and never fully kicked this. So now he made sure to to get this but good. I don't envy Mom as Dad is male and not a good patient.

Seamus had stop licking his back legs bloody but when his Mom and Dad left him with me for five days that was just too much! My bed is not big enough for him and he has to curl his 118lb body in a ball at the bottom of my full-size bed. He has to compete with Winston for attention. And I am not his Mom.  I am hopeful that once he gets back home in his normal routine he will stop the destructive behavior.

My Aunt has been in the hospital and family members have rallied around her. My Aunt's condition is private but I am proud of my mom and my cousin who have forgone their own personal cares or desires to be at her bedside. Pray for all three of them for the strength needed in the time ahead.

Friend Theresa is just like me with severe allergies (well, hers are meaner than mine). She has been coughing now for a couple of months and I think she need to see a doctor now.  I always worry about a lingering cough.

Now that Seamus has gone home with his mom, Winston is wanting to lay on me, play with me or sit and stare at me until I give in and give him a carrot. It is hard to reassure a beagle that everything is okay.

I am amazed that I am not sick as I am always the first one sick. I think we've entered the sick season. I am not wanting any of it. Everyone take your vitamins! Below is the best commerical ever made, you know the writer was a woman!



Enough for now...

No comments: