Tuesday, January 18, 2011

....and I am feeling good

I read this article this morning that talked about being a worrier and allowing your mind run away with you. They call it "Monkey Mind." $#@! fire! I've got a monkey mind!

Really?!? They couldn't have called it something more, well less obnoxious? Monkey Mind... not something elegant like "Constant Brainage" or "Enduring Evaluator." No, they call it Monkey Mind! I am offended.

As if my insecurities weren't high enough, now I will be wandering  around the rest of my days worried that people will be able to see that I have a Monkey Mind. $#@! fire!

According to Articlesbase:

The term “monkey mind” was originally coined by Zen Buddhist monks to describe the condition of your mind racing from one thought to the next, creating mental churn that saps you of vital life force energy. We here in the Western world experience it as that which keeps us in busywork mentality, feeling overwhelmed, susceptible to taking on too much and having really long, sleepless nights.

Read more: http://www.articlesbase.com/self-improvement-articles/three-secrets-you-need-to-know-about-the-monkey-mind-328938.html#ixzz1BRa8asfO
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
One way to combat monkey mind is to think good thoughts [must think happy thoughts, must think happy thoughts, must think happy thoughts]. So I thought nothing would be more appropriate than to use my favorite singer, Nina Simone's song to be my new theme song for my life. It's either that or start swinging from the trees!


Enough for now...

No comments: