Monday, August 09, 2010

People Come and People Go

Today, I had a really nice surprise. Old job, Co-Worker T. came into the same restaurant I was at. It was really neat to get see him again even if it was for only a couple of minutes.

I have to admit that I liked working with him. Because of Co-Worker T. I am able to do the job I have now. He was patient with me when I was learning how to create websites. He was a good teacher.

Ironically, at a time when I have no faith in workplace decency, I run into one of the few who made work fun, interesting and educational. It's been about four years, since we worked together and I had a little pang of regret when I saw him again. Fun and silliness wrapped around work makes for fond memories.

He appeared to be happy with his current job where he's this big time web guru with a healthy size staff and you know, it doesn't surprise me. Co-Worker T. is good at web design.

After this accidental meeting it brought up many memories of all the people who I've worked with and became friends with and it amazes me how easily you lose touch. I have referred to Friend Ellen in this blog (quite a long time ago) but what I failed to say is that before she was Friend Ellen, she was Boss Ellen. I regret that we've manage to drift apart.

Former Co-Worker Ed has just recently friended me on Facebook and low and behold he has babies, two to be exact!

It's a little sad that it is so hard to stay in touch with the people who we work with after they change jobs. I guess what's really important is that for those moments in time, we are blessed with friendship.

Enough for now.

No comments: