Sunday, March 28, 2004

Whirlwind weekend! Friday night, I helped mom and dad take up a new king size head board and foot board for their bedroom but there was a snag. First those things where way to big to make the turn from the stairs into the bedroom. So we decided to pull them over the balcony. Problem - dad, mom and me only make three and they were too heavy for one person to manipulate by him or herself. So, once again the whirl wind of idiots was in play. I stood on the ladder and hoisted the headboard up to my dad. He held on to the headboard dangling over the balcony while I ran into the house through the entry way, kitchen, living rom up the stairs out to the balcony to help dad pull it over - then repeated! It scared me to death - I thought dad might drop the thing before I could get up there or that he would try to pull it over by himself and hurt himself or bend mom's wrought iron balcony (the other problem!).

Then on Saturday - dad and I went to Sam's Warehouse - our ritual in father/daughter bonding. To understand this, first you need to know that my dad is a very quiet man and doesn't really chit chat and emotional displays are non-existent. Don't get me wrong, he feels strongly he just doesn't show it. We tease him but he just sits there and takes it, usually not responding. Mom and I will be rolling in the floor laughing and dad will just grin - it is the funniest thing. Okay, back to the original thought....we went to Sam's and dad's the driver of the shopping cart. I only needed new pillows for my bed but I know that dad has to stroll through the tool section. We start strolling down that isle -

"there's my next air compressor," he says.

"What's wrong with yours?"

"Nothing, but that's my next air compressor," he starts grinning.

"When do you plan to get this?" I tease.

He grins bigger not answering...

"Dad?"

"When either mine breaks or I get the nerve to ask your mother for something I don't need," he said not looking at me.

"Better hope it breaks soon then," I replied.

He chuckled out loud.

I love these silly moments we have together. I am a luckiest girl in the world - I know this and I am truly thankful for both my dad and my mom.

I received email from Army Nephew and things seem to be going well. I am so excited for him getting to see the world and hope he able to enjoy and appreciate it as well as do his job.

Enough for now, I am hungry!

No comments: