Thursday, March 18, 2004

Okay, 24 hours laters and I am still not sure if I like the "do." Things I have to get used to: my hair is a lot darker now (very little sun ever hit the hair that I now have exposed); I look a lot like my sister and we've never looked alike (in fact, people often couldn't believe we where sisters); I might have to trash my waffle boots (little to butchy and I am gonna have ready stress the femine points); and I need eyeliner now (maybe I needed it before but the long hair was extremely girlie didn't need to emphasis those points). Things I don't have to get used to: no blow dryer needed; I can eat a meal without pushing my hair out of my face; I can go out in the wind and not mind; and my hair looks just like I fixed two hours later.

I am not one who really regets things like these but I haven't seen anyone since I've cut it. This is causing me a small case of the nerves....if I ran into who someone knew me with the long hair and gasped then I could start preparing myself for a bad first day of work. Truly, with this cut it really doesn't matter because it will be gone in 4 weeks (if I decide not to maintain the look). So what's a month?

I am off to spend the evening with Seamus, it's not as hard when I don't have to work all day. Next week will be the killer though.

Friend L. is not doing well at all. They were going to make him comfortable today and move him home tomorrow with hospice. I don't think they expect him to make it past the weekend. I hope he is able to hold on long enough for mom and dad to get there today so they can talk and say all that needs to be said. It's sad and the world is going to a lot dimmer without him.

No comments: