Sunday, February 08, 2004

Call Me Bookworm

Two weeks and counting! For those who read, the Friends of the Library Book Sale is better than Christmas morning! Hardbacks for only 50 cents! woo hoo! If I do right, I can get enough books to last me a whole year! What's so fabulous about it too is that often times you have no idea what your getting. With the prices so low, I tend to throw the books in without reading the jacket to see if it is of interest to me. Also, there are many books without dust jackets so there's absolutely no way to know what it's about.

A couple of years ago, I discovered one of my favorite authors because of this sale. RD Delderfield tells wonderful stories about regular people living their lives. If I had known about him, I would have researched and read his Swann family series in order but alas I did not know....So let me give you a bit of advice, if you'd like to read about a family in post WWI England start with God Is an Englishman but be ready to finish the series with Theirs Was the Kingdom and Give Us This Day.

Another wonderful find was the author Raymond E. Fiest. If you liked Toliken, which I really do, then you'll like Fiest. BEWARE...if you are a Toliken purest he may piss you off a little. The similarities between his books and Tolikens are great. Elves, magicians, different world, etc

It's gonna be a long two weeks, I still can't get into the book I am reading.

No comments: