Sunday, February 22, 2004

It was like slipping on your favorite jeans opening my most recently acquired Delderfield book. His works aren't filled with action or fantasy, they are just simple stories but for some reason he really captures my attention. Yippee! More than 1,000 pages to go and I can't wait. To pin point the reason I like his work I can't, I just do.

This year at the Friends of the Library book sale, I was less focused on getting in the door and just stood around and chatted with dad. These 20 minutes opened my eyes, especially with him point out people, avid readers can really be strange. I've often laughed at those who bring suitcases on wheels but honestly a big trash can on wheels? That was beyond odd and I was almost embarrassed that I was in the same company as these oddities.

I didn't think about bringing a suitcase, a child's wagon or a trash can, even though I intended to stock up - I just thought when I got an arm load and couldn't carry anymore I thought I'd purchase them and run them out to the car then return to my search. People can shock you in ways that make you laugh and think "hey, I'm not as crazy as I thought!"

Tonight is really tough, I am already dreading going to work tomorrow! I hate it when the dread creeps up into my Sunday night! Arrrgggg!

No comments: