Wednesday, February 18, 2004

If I sleep tonight it will be a minor miracle. I fell asleep afterwork and woke up at 7 p.m. Naps are forbidden for people like me who don't sleep well - I am bummed. Probably I will lay in bed [going nuts] and finally fall asleep 20 minutes before my alarm goes off.

Last night, I recieved word that a family friend was dying from terminal cancer. I cannot remember a time in my life when L was not a part of it for the simple fact that he is my father's best friend and has been since they were ten years old. They grew up in a small town in the mountains of California, graduated high school together, joined the Air Force together, became Air Traffic Controllers together and raised their families together. I call him my other father.

Tonight my hearts hurts. I do not feel quirky or witty tonight. I am just numb.

No comments: