Tuesday, September 13, 2011

This is not suiting me at all!

I hate this time of year. It is the time that my body violently mutinies against me. I have be dying with extremely itchy eyes, runny nose and a headache to top all headaches. I wake up every morning in so much pain and nauseated to the point of frustration (if I am going to feel like hurling then just do it and get it over with). I would have called in sick yesterday but it was Monday and I don't like to call in on Monday.

I would have called in sick today but I have an appointment  with a program that I am trying to get the staff happy again and I fear they would feel slighted if I rescheduled.

Why does this have to happen?  We have sent men to the moon and no one has found a cure for allergies? I don't buy it, the flu and sinus people want us buying all those drugs that don't work for beans. I bet there is a cure they are not telling us about!

The biggest problem with calling in sick is that until the weather changes there is no guarantee that I will feel better tomorrow.

On to brighter things (you can only gripe about allergies so long), the new fall season will start soon and this aimless clicking of the remote hoping to find something worthwhile on the TV will end. I am excited to see new shows coming out but hate the way the cable channels handle their seasons. Suits is a show that I absolutely love but after the season finale, the little announcer guy on the commercial said "see what happens next summer on Suits." Next summer?

Stargate Universe did that and by "next summer," I had a new routine and kept forgetting that it was on and I loved that show too. Shows should not end and have a return date of nine months later, that is ludicrous.  Come on cable step it up!

Enough for now...

No comments: