Thursday, August 11, 2011

Rain, Rain, Don't Go Away

The glorious rain came today but why did it have to come the very minute I had an appointment across town and I had no umbrella. Somehow I didn't mind the drenching I got running to my car. I even didn't mind the ominous sky from my floor to ceiling windows in my office.  Spooky skies are kind of neat when you roll your chair right up to the edge.

I am also thrilled that it rained for longer than 15 minutes. I want to have a green yard again!

My appointment this morning was with my bank. I decided that I need to tend to my finances. I have two IRAs from my old job that I need to roll over into one or my current job's IRA. Then I need to try to refinance my house from 6% interest to 3.8% interest.

The appraisal is going to run me about $450 but if I can refinance then it will be money well spent. The whole deal will depend on whether or not my house will appraise for a certain price.

I feel so grown up!

The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Enough for now...

No comments: