Saturday, May 14, 2011

Thumbs up for Downton!

I did absolutely nothing today except watch five episodes of Downton Abby; however, that took pretty much the whole day. I am not sure if any of my three readers are pron to watch Masterpiece Theater like I am. If so, does anyone despise Mary as much as me? Her arrogance is appalling. Thomas and O'Brien cause me to scream at the screen.

Whoever did the casting for this show, BRAVO! You nailed it especially with the Violet Crawley and Isobel Crawley. I absolutely love the way these two zing each other. First sign it was going to be tough was when Isobel asks the Dowager Countess after being introduced "What are we to call each other?" and the Violet says "Why Dowager Countess and Mrs. Crawley, of course." Ouch!
My favorite lines in the show are:
Lady Rosamond Painswick: "You know me, Mother, I have to speak my mind."
Violet Crawley, Dowager Countess of Grantham: "Why? ....... Nobody else does."

Now on the staff side, oh my stars, will John Bates hurry up and kiss Anna! Geeze, I wanted to slap him upside the head when he was trying to push her away. And you just want to slap Thomas period! Hate him. Daisy is adorable but would probably drive you nuts if you really worked with her.

I can't wait for season two. Autumn 2011 is a long time to wait for Season Two!

Enough for now...

No comments: