Thursday, May 12, 2011

In Enemy Territory But Had Fun

I went with a co-worker to Stillwater today to collaborate with some other techies on an e-learning system to make it accessible for all our staff.  It was energizing developing and working through problems and finding solutions. It was also really nice being able to talk to someone without having to explain. In fact Chris talked above my head.
I also learned the accessibility  feature on You Tube for captions is pretty good. I can’t wait to test it now.  So I went to help my co-worker and came back with new tricks. Yippee!

I think the most stressful thing about the day was that Mom’s was having surgery on her eye (cataract). Three weeks ago, she had one eye done and today was the other. It is relatively routine surgery with little recovery. I don’t like being an hour and half away when people are operating on my Mom.

I had a good day but felt guilty for being so far away. Even though, I didn’t go with her for either surgery  (she said I didn’t need to but at the first surgery I was in town). Then I felt guilty for being in OSU territory and learned something, this Sooner girl felt conflicted.  My co-worker now sees the light  at the end of the tunnel.

Enough for now…

No comments: