Monday, May 30, 2011

I am Number Five ... right?

What does it say about who I am when I watch Jane Austins "North Hanger Abby," then I watched Jason Statham's "Mechanic" and finished of the weekend with "I am Number Four." I went from one end of the spectrum to the other.

With the prime and proper of days gone by I love the way that the heroine always wins in the end. In North Hanger Abby Catherine, a most unremarkable heroine, has flaws and a wild imagination and yet, you fall for her innocence especially in the wild and unpredictable Bath. Where boys flirt mercilessly and chivary is found by the accidental bump in an overly crowded public ball. Only Austin can create heros like Mr. Tinley, Mr. Darcy or Mr. Fairchild.

From innocents, I move in the world of assination. Arthur Bishop, the stoic and calculated hit man is duped into a hit that has him killing his mentor. Then he falls into the guilt ridden role of mentoring his mentor's son so that the idiot doesn't get himself killed. The only way that you like the hit man character was that all the hits were on total and complete creeps. I really liked the action in this and Mr. Bishop was not too bad on the eyes.

What goes after innocence and hit men? Aliens! In I am Number Four, the action was cool and #6 had some really cool powers. I have to admit that I love Bernie Kosar in this flick and Henri. Yeah, #4 was the  focus of the movie but Henri had that something. 

What kind of a person am I that all three of these movies totally entertained me? Not to mention that the book I am reading right now involves magic, elves, and more? Not sure but I don't think I grew up as I was supposed to.

Enough for now...

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Magic and Elves tell me more ! We also watched I am number 4 very good movie. I totally agree about Henri!

Dana said...

I love Raymond Fiest books and I swear he's written a million of them. I have written a few reviews on his books on my other blog, Tomes to Remember and Relish. They are a lot of fun!