Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Feeling Every Bit the Monday

I had to return to work today after taking a few days off before the long weekend. The problem with taking days off, really shows you what life could be like if you didn't have to work. I don't want to work but I do want to have money and an occupation.

I have enjoyed working on my freelance job but didn't enjoy most today.  I did enjoy my lunch with Co-worker Linda. So I want to work for myself and meet Linda (and Theresa if she ever comes back to the office) for lunch. I like the freedom of making my own decisions but don't like too much alone time.

Trying to get caught up with emails and routine jobs from my mini vacation made today icky. I am also trying to keep up on the new HTML 5 coming and then there's CSS3 and ARIA that I have yet to learn. It is hard to keep your skills up when the subject advances and changes every minute.

Then there is the hope that You Tube's caption program will be good enough that I can stop captioning videos, nope it's not good enough yet. But hey, they are thinking accessibility which is really great. The machine reported "they are overcoming popsicles," yeah, we help people with disabilities overcome popsicles???? How about obstacles? Well, it appears that I will continue to do it manually as it is easy to type it in clean than to have to proof and possibly miss something like popsicles.

Enough for now...

No comments: