Thursday, April 28, 2011

Here's Hoping for the Fairy Tale

First of all, let me start by saying, no I am not getting up at 5 a.m. to watch Will and Kate get married. I do have to admit I did for Charles and Dianna's wedding. When they got married, we did not have the technology that we do today, so I had to crawl out of bed and go into the living room to watch it. I did not have a TV in my room and I was only 14 years old.

I know that the Prince and Soon-to-be Princess are royalty but spending millions at this economically depressed time is a little crass. Also, I think that with the couple being in their late 20s that so much pomp and circumstances seems a little bit much. I am a little bit on the conservative side for weddings when you get close to your thirties.

If for some weird reason I were to get married after all these years, I think an exchange of vows in my living room would be sufficient or an elopement to Las Vegas' most cheeky wedding chapel.

Elaborate weddings when the couple is older is  like old people on the dance floor - dancing like teenagers - painful to watch. I wouldn't want to be in front of 200 people in a mermaid dress. I think that demure and classy weddings are for the young at heart with advanced years.

I do, however, wish them all the best and hope that Will and Kate get the fairy tale that Diana did not.

Enough for now...

No comments: