Friday, March 18, 2011

I am sorry but we are revoking your NRA membership

Imagine six women at On the Boarder, scarfing down chips and salsa and out of nowhere comes this. I shall cherish it forever and ever.
“My husband’s was a hunting guide for a while and one time he took a guy out hunting wild boar. Now the guy hunting was in a wheelchair. So all’s he could do is shoot from the chair. He shot a boar through the nose up to the frontal lobe but did not kill it.
So Matt has to go track the boar because it’s not dead and ran off. Following the boar’s bloody trail, he goes into the woods. All of the sudden the boar appears and is rather pissed, he chases Matt into a rather skimpy tree. He then calls me and tells me about the predicament he’s in – ‘What do you want me to do?’ I ask. Oh did I mention he left his gun in the truck!

'What kind of guide tracks a wild boar with frontal lobe damage without a gun?'
Only a nurse would describe the boar’s injury as frontal lobe damage. Then there was five full minutes of everyone at the table mimicking short term memory loss.
“What did I come here for? Where was I going? Have we met?”
Lunch was hilarious and that was only one story! If all the people at Theresa's former employer are as crazy and fun as the three I had lunch with – I want to go to work there!

I have to say I haven’t laughed that hard in years!

Enough for now...

No comments: