Thursday, February 10, 2011

Just Wondering

At what point in life do we totally become content with who we are? When do we sit down and say "Yep, I am done. This is the life I want?" What do I want to be when I grow up?

I guess the problem with my pondering is that being a state employee in a state where the economy is not working in my favor - I am a little worried. I like what I do and I want to keep doing it but what if?

There's a shell bill on the books to outsource all state Public Information. I think this will lead to trouble as many departments will not mess with strangers for its PR and when the media calls, directors or division heads will answers the calls, which is not always good or staffers will design their own brochures, which is rarely good. It won't work and in three to four years they will begin to rehire PR people but they often try to cut PR first. I hope someone sees that this is a bad idea but who knows?

So what do I want to be when I grow up? A political speech writer but that will never happen. I am to afraid to even consider working in the political realm, I am single and without a husband to support me should my politician not get reelected or term limits out makes a political career impossible for me.

So dream #2, world famous novelist - a blend between Jane Austin and Tolkien. Insecurities and exhaustion from my current job prevent me from attempting that venture.

Here I sit wondering what this legislative session brings and why I would wear red sneakers with a pink dress and white tights?

Enough for now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

probably because thats what you put on that morning I think you are absolutely darling MOM

Anonymous said...

Its not so much about me anymore as it is the people around me.If i can make my little world around me a better place i have succeeded..and i still dont know what i wanna do when i grow up.