Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I am famous!

Dana laughing at the camera holding her plaque
Actually the right word for would be honored beyond belief. Today, I received the Public Personnel Employee Award from the Oklahoma City Mayor's Committee on Disability Concerns. I am totally blown away.

What is that? Well the groovy plaque says: "The Public Personnel Employee of the Year Award recognizes an employee in the public sector who does outstanding work on behalf of Oklahomans with disabilities. The public servant helps person with disabilities live full and productive lives."

It was such a good day, the luncheon was very nice but my two favorite friends at work went with me, which made it even more special. I was so terrified before they gave out the awards that I would be expected to say a few words - I am a writer for a reason! Once they gave out the first award and it was just go up and shake hands with the Mayor and Committee Chair, I was much better.

From what I understand, I was nominated by the head of United Cerebral Palsy of Oklahoma and that made it even more special.

Today was a good day.

From Left: Dana, Mayor Mick Cornett, Pam Henry, committee chair,
Council Member Sam Bowman at the 20th Annual Oklahoma City
Mayor's Committee on Disabilities Concerns Luncheon 
 




















Enough for now...

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Congrats Cousin!!!!