Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Should I fire the lawn guy?

I'm not sure but I think I'm not getting my money's worth from my lawn guy. First, I find a sprinkler lodged in the crook of tree, it's been there for more than a month. Then he mowed the edge of my yard with a push mower because its gets closer to the house and fence than the riding mower. The problem? The push mower was set on SCALP and the ridding mower was not. Now there this weird line all around the edges of the yard. 

The problem with firing my lawn guy is that I've known him my whole life and he does my yard for free - he's my Dad! But when your Dad scalps half your yard, you get to make fun of him publicly.

My new trees, well "almost trees," were delivered today. I bought two Oklahoma Red buds and one Oklahoma White buds. The evil electric company, OG&E,  arrived one day this last Spring and announced that they were going to chop down all my pretty trees and leave me with a really ugly sun drenched yard.

Thanks to sun reaching my monkey grass like it never had before  all the tips are burned this year. You don't yank out nine matured trees and the yard survive. So for the next few years my little back yard is going to look pretty weak. But at least I got the new trees in, oh I failed to mention, trees that only the property owner can remove. We were told that the state tree can only be removed by the property owner! Also, they don't grow real tall and should stay under the power lines.

Since I had Precur Nursery deliver and plant my little trees I spent a pretty penny. I need more than $250 to pay for this and my ad revenue is only up to $4.97. Click on an ad when you exit.



My "Almost Trees" in a couple of years they can be called trees
Enough for now...

No comments: