Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Letting My Hair Down

Today was a good day. Every month the state's web manager's group meets and shares ideas and new stuff. This month's speaker was the state's CIO. Half of what he said went right over my head as I am not a developer. I am from the PR office and make things pretty.  Sebolith and grouper...huh?

No matter, what I really liked was the exchange after he spoke and the fact that the meeting was over for more than an hour and I was still there chatting with other web nerds. Nothing is more comfortable than a community of like, strange minds. I will never ever forget the story Michael shared about getting beat up in Second Life. Yeah, he was probably not in the nicest of bars but still I am not sure his avatar deserved such abuse especially since it was a crazy girl avatar. Is a boy avatar allow to hit a girl avatar if your in Second Life?

Enough for now...

No comments: