Friday, September 17, 2010

I Predict Rain

The State Fair starts today so that means that rainy season begins. I am not a big fair person and probably haven't been since 1988 or so. The last time I went I went with college friends. Growing up going to the fair meant a new pair of moccasin, funnel cake and rodeo tickets.

I miss moccasins.

Now that I am old, my State Fair comes with the Friends of the Library book sale. My sister's State Fair is Affair of the Hearts craft show in October. Dad's State Fair is any gun show he happens to make. It's amazing how we've all grown out of the real state fair.

I have to admit that the wonder of the fair is not the quality of the work of afghans or quilts made or the pie contests or even the livestock pins - its the weirdos that go to the fair. Weirdos of the likes you didn't think that little ole Oklahoma had!

If I go to the fair ever again, it will be to see the strangest attraction of all - the people who visit the fair!

I have now earn $1.07 - click on an before you exit or I will be force to continue to work at the same crappy job forever!

Enough for now...

No comments: