Monday, July 23, 2007

Winston was next

I spent this weekend holding a very sick puppy. With everything so chaotic around the house we didn't fully notice Winston was getting sick. We did notice that he wouldn't eat his cookies. Then Friday night I noticed he had a problem going to the bathroom. So Saturday morning I take him to the vet and he ends up getting an IV for hydration, a shot to stop the vomiting and an antibiotic for whatever it is making him sick.

The vet told me if Winston didn't get well in 24 to 48 hours we would have to hospitalize him for intravenous drugs and observation. Man, oh man, did I pray those antibiotics would work. This morning was 48 hours and he seems better, more active. The tale tell sign will be if he eats today.

I am not a happy person right now!

Enough for now...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder what got him??? Girl, I hope he's better soon...I'll be thinking of little ole Winston!

Anonymous said...

I wonder what got him??? Girl, I hope he's better soon...I'll be thinking of little ole Winston!

Dawn D said...

oh girlie...I hope he gets better.