Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Potpourri of the Mind

I am so torn. Is marriage a good thing or not? You can read Ice's blogs and it's good but then you turn on the TV and men are offing their pregnant wives? What's with that? Divorce is an acceptable out these days, why kill your spouse? I don't get it.

This week has been wickedly busy and it's only Tuesday. I am so overloaded that I barely can see straight. There are things not getting done and won't be done on time but I can't force a Superior to get on the ball - I love email [documentation that I've done my part].

My back is well again but now I face the "hurt back" hang-over. I had to eat every four hours [yes, I gained] and now I am trying to get my appetite back to eating normally. I swear that I am going to die by 10 a.m. due to the cravings. I'll be glad when I get over that and hopefully get my weight back in control.

My Army Nephew was IM-ing with his mom the other day and got on an anti-Kerry tirade for more than an hour. I am so proud! Another young Republican in the making.

Okay, this blog has been one tangent after another so I'll sign off for now.

3 comments:

Kim said...

You know, for my part, if you pick a good man that you like as much as you love then marriage is good! I love being married to Mark, but I will tell you there are many times that the single life looks REAL good! But not that good that I feel I need to kill him! Maybe just snap his golf clubs in half! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it all depends on finding a good guy and sticking with him even when he acts like a giant turd, which can be often, but the good stuff totally makes up for it.

Glad to see you are feeling better and hope your appetite gets back on schedule soon. But you gained weight??? Where, may I ask, did it go? I see no extra weight on you, skinny girl!! I wish I could say, "man, I gained some weight" and still look like you...dang you!!!! :)

Dawn D said...

I will be married for 15 years this week and I can say with all my heart...the whole experience is one I wouldn't have passed on. I would never use the words great to discribe my relationship...but I do believe it has made me a better person in life. The one thing you learn in marriage is that you don't live for YOU any longer. I think all married people wish for the single life in some ways and most singles wish for companionship. The KEY is to find the right person...to find unshakable love...and really HOT sex helps too. We all know what we want in a mate...the hard part is often we don't know what we need in a spouse.