Sunday, June 20, 2004

Cable - My Friend Has Returned

Life is beginning to return to normal - as I blog here and now, the Charmed Ones are on the tube in the background. It is odd how the TV plays a vital role in our lives. I can stand to clean in the kitchen if I have the TV to listen too as I do it. For the last two weeks even though I was busy working on the house, I missed the background noise of the TV.

Here's another odd tidbit, when all's I had was my books and no TV - I didn't want to read. Today, I could have watched the TV but instead I chose to read from 9 to 11:30. I enjoyed so much more knowing I had the option. I fear that I am addicted to my TV.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I hear you. I will come into the house and the first thing I do is turn on the tv. I may not even sit down or even turn the channel, but I turn it on, I think for the noise. Maybe there is something comforting about hearing people talking and laughing when you are alone. Crazy...I know.