Monday, June 14, 2004

Alls I need is a Hibachi, an Up-Do and an Apron

I've moved into 1969, complete with children on bicycles, families working in their yard every evening and one little gentleman who walks daily with khaki walking shorts, safari straw hat and white calf high socks who waves hello every time you drive past. I like my neighborhood - it's good for a single girl. Harold and Benny, my immediate neighbors, will watch over the place for me.

My office is now set up in my house, my computer is set up and my books are out. I have the neat things I enjoy surrounding me - I hope to have some time to relax and enjoy them - soon real soon. Imagine 7 shelves 9.5 feet long from floor to ceiling covered with books and smiley faces and you will have a small idea what one side of my office looks like.

This new house has all the sounds of a new strange place and I am easily scared. One night, I got spooked and had to turn the hall light on but in time these things will pass.

There are things about buying a home of your very own when your single that just aren't right. One, it's a lot of work and without my parents I couldn't have done one-quarter of the work. Two, it's reminds you that life didn't turn out the way you wanted and you have to push forward anyway. And three, I have managed for 37 years to never have mowed a yard and I am going to have to learn. I've always said that a man's job was to fix the car and squish the bugs but now I add mow the yard - I think I need a man quickly, I don't want to learn how to mow (sigh).

My cable goes in on Saturday, I am so out of the loop. Can anyone tell how goes the political race? Who's stuck his foot in it this week?

1 comment:

Kim said...

I have to say I agree on the whole lawn mowing thing. We had to mow the lawn as kids, and I hated it! I now make my husband do that. I told him that his 3 jobs are take out the trash, mow the lawn, and squish the bugs! I hear you sister. Hire a really HOT lawn mowing guy, then you will have something nice to look at!