Thursday, May 13, 2004

Guilt Trip By Seamus

Things are so crazy right now with trying to pack and buying all the things I will need once I own my home. Everyday at lunch I am either buying something or pricing things. Today I thought "I've had enough, I'll go see mom and Seamus." It was icky misting and I didn't feel like getting out in it. However, when I got home, mom wasn't there and Seamus was standing at the gate very depressed to be out in the cold.

Since I couldn't let him in the house for longer than 20 minutes, I decided to just go say hello through the gate. He pressed his nose through the bars and as I petted his little face and brushed off the dirt around his nose and mouth, he closed his eyes and kept them closed. It was as if he were saying "if I close my eyes she won't go." It was horrible when I went to leave, he just sat there as if I had just killed his best friend.

I don't think I'll ever do that again - made me feel like dirt!

Enough for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate the way dogs can force such guilt trips on you. But I wouldn't change it for the world; a good dog makes the best pet.