Saturday, April 20, 2013

Can a Milano cookie be called medicine?

There is not enough Milano cookies in the world for this week to be easier. Dad is now out of danger and the slow heal and long hospital stay begins to wear on a person. Mom and I are trying to be smart about it and if I am with him, she stays home and rests and vice versus.

But hospitals are exhausting no matter what. Dad is still on his high powered cough medicine which dopes him up so much that his company is limited to in-between naps.

Currently, I am losing myself in this duty. I have not eating a solid meal in three days. Just Pepperridge Farm cookies and chips and dip. All my progress on the diet is gone or going. It's impossible to diet when you sit in a hospital room from 9 to 2. If you have lunch at 2:30 then you don't want dinner till 8 p.m.

I have just stopped eating meals and have been just continuous snacking. When I go back to work next week I will be able to eat breakfast as normal but lunch will be spent with him and food crammed down at my desk when I return and dinner will be after 8 pm. Right now, Dad needs me and my other concerns don't matter but... a salad actually sounds good.

Enough for now...

No comments: