Sunday, May 01, 2011

Up, Up and Away

I loved my comics when I was little and my parents never had to worry about political commentary in the storyline. Now, I really feel for parents wanting to share the childhood experience of reading comics.

I am so disappointed with latest move that the writers of Superman have taken in renouncing his American Citizenship. Wow. This really surprised me and thoroughly disappointed me. The comic will profit tremendously on this move and  I really wish it wouldn't. Even if parents didn't allow their children to buy this issue, the collectors will.

It just seems that anti-American rhetoric is every where. I really can't say I would like the blind patriotism of the 50s but it was definitely much better than what we are experiencing today. What should be a good versus evil has become political. Yeah, they will make a lot of money on this but it's the children who loose in the end.

Bummed.

Enough for now...

No comments: