Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It's almost June, what the Vortex?

Photo by Paul B. Southerland, The Oklahoman
taken today in my county. Yikes!
Wondering if we all (Oklahomans) are going to OZ tonight? I do need a vacation but I don't think I want to go there (but I would like to see some flying monkeys).

These storms are such a pain, I wish the science would get to the point of saying "those on 1st street and Main, take cover now." Instead, you sit glued to the TV, thinking am I safe? Do I ignore those sirens? Do I grab the dog and head for cover?

Sometimes I get irritated at the weather men who interrupt TV for towns five hours away but at the same time I want everyone to have the same opportunity to be safe.

I do have to admit that I kind of poo poo'd my friend Linda this morning when she came into my office worried about impending storms. She was right! And I am worried that tomorrow, parts of our poor state will not resemble what they looked like this morning. I pray that this storm comes and goes with out a single injured. 

The reality of it, really boggles my mind. it's only air. Normally, you can't feel air and yet tornadoes cause so much destruction. Is that what Chicken Little meant when he said "The sky is falling, the sky is falling!"

Enough for now...

No comments: