Monday, February 28, 2011

Rolling in the Money

I have been getting to know Muskogee, Oklahoma this weekend and visiting with family. When I returned home, I had a $511 check in the mail, $114 from Google and $300 extra in my pay check. Wow, if only every weekend was so profitable.

The $511 is not extra money gained but from my mortgage escrow account. Last year, my home owner's insurance spiked and I didn't pay attention to my insurance declaration until I got my mortgage escrow adjustment notice. I quickly called my insurance guy to fix the insurance problem. My home owners insurance went back to a reasonable level and my agent told me that he doubted that they would readjust my mortgage payment. They didn't. So all last year I way over paid. I fully expected my mortgage payment to drop this year dramatically but instead the escrow company refunded $511 and dropped my payment by only $75.

The $300 extra in my pay is a longevity pay. Each year, the state gives a bonus for years of service. This is really nice because of the state's strange ways that won't allow for merit raises. Still even the worst employee gets longevity. I can work my butt off and do an outstanding job and we would get the same bonus. I am not going turn my nose to money but it does burn me that we are all treated the same. You know, maybe I have it all wrong, maybe I should lower my work quality and lower my attitude so that it won't bug me that crappy employees get the same bonus I get.

The $114 from Google is the most exciting as it is pure profit from this blog ad revenues. It took four months or so for mom to click on an ad for me every day to earn the 100 bucks. So I challenge everyone who reads this blog to click on an ad if you like what I write. I am dying to see if I can get my next payment faster than four months!

You'd think all this money would be the highlight of my weekend but nope, I was able to visit with cousins that I haven't seen in a couple of decades and met a very sweet friend of my aunt [who owes us a Roomin noodle cold slaw recipe!]. The highlight of the weekend - reconnection, family and friends.

Enough for now...

No comments: