Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!

I hope today is not indicative of how my year is going to be because it was a pain the rear. First mom, dad and I go to Cracker Barrel for lunch and get hit with a 35 minute wait. For Cracker Barrel, really? Well, it turned out to be only 20 minute wait, which was good.

Then off to buy a new computer at Best Buy. Nope, not gonna spend an arm and a leg to do my checkbook and Facebook. Plus, I like to buy disposable computers so I get the latest thing when it comes out without guilt. So off to Walmart [warning, avoid the crappy Walmart on Reno and MacArthur, not only is it gross - its employees could care less if they help you] only to find all the laptops on display with no prices. So we had to ask for help, which was slow in coming. Finally an associate came and I really was put off by then and discovered the prices of theirs was higher than a few I had seen on-line.

THEN we HAD to go to Kohl's because of their stupid Kohl's cash that had to be used by today or it would expire. Why the stupid time frame? If you are going to give the Kohl's cash let me hoard it until I want to shop and I might spend more money. I didn't feel good and was not going to spend any more than I absolutely had to.

What was supposed to be an easy and fun day was not! On the good news front, my new laptop should be shipped tomorrow! I love Amazon.com!!

I am somewhat conflicted on whether or not to make a resolution this year. When February rolls around and it becomes evident that your New Year resolution is broken - it's depressing. I don't think I am up for that. I thought about resolving to have a bad year and when I break that it would be a good thing. The only problem is that I am afraid that I would actually keep that resolution and it come true. I don't think I can fake my way through another sucky year...I want some good to come my way even if I have to force it.

What should I do? Make resolutions or not? What resolution should I make?
Enough for now...

No comments: