Friday, December 03, 2010

I think they may bar me from the group!

Would it be wrong to run away to some place where no humans lived? Some days are just not worth living and it's not always life shattering bad. Sometimes its just one piece of crap at time to where you're gonna yell really loud or something.

Today an email went out to our State Web Group that a person who was from an non-profit group wanted to join and a major discussion ensued. One email sent me into orbit. Basically it said that yeah we should allow them in the group but deny them the ability to vote. How rude is that? You can come but don't you dare vote to approve the minutes! Not to mention that the room holds 50 to 60 people and we fill it with 20 to 25 each month.

I have a tenancy to go against the grain with this group sometimes, so I really try to keep my mouth shut when something seems risky. On this I couldn't. I sent the following email.

"Why complicate it so much? Allow anyone willing to come and be an active part – even vote or serve an office. We have a ton of official members who don’t come.  If a non-profit organization web manger joined the group, where is the reason in not allowing them to be full members? I don’t see a ton of corporate webmasters beating our doors down. I am in favor of welcoming anyone willing to participate."
Well yes, I got a response from the guy wanting to allow them to only have limited access and that really wasn't what I was shooting for - I just want the group to be nice to people who want to join and be open to new things. Often the main thing we get from the group is that no you can't take advantage of the newest and greatest free things - today we didn't have to say no, today we could say yes.

I hope I wasn't too snarky! Then when I got home, I went out back with two rather excited dogs who wanted to play. So I take Winston's porcupine and threw it - my aim was bad and it went in the tree only to get stuck. If you want to really mess with a beagle's head throw his favorite toy in the tree. For a second, I almost thought I had a coon hound! So I get his rope toy and try to knock the porcupine out of the tree and that proceeded to also get stuck.

Beagle is plum crazy at this point not sure what he is supposed to do. Alas the broom worked and porcupine came down. Winston proceed to grab him and run to the other end of the yard. I doubt if he will ever allow me to touch his baby again.

Click on an ad when you exit as I think I will have to form my own web group as I will surely be banned from this one.

Enough for now...

No comments: