Saturday, May 15, 2010

V A C A T I O N

Winston sits in a bay window with a sad look on his faceFor the next ten days, I will not have to face this pose. This is the attitude Winston gives me every morning when I leave for work.

What are my plans? I plan to travel the world or maybe even other planets or even other dimensions - I plan to read! I want to escape my life and I can't imagine a better way than through a good book. I promise not to check my work email or call in to see how things are going. I promise not to even think about that place...okay, I have too many friends there to do that but I won't think about work.

One thing that I do need to do is to plan my funeral and buy a plot. It's not a pleasant thing to do but it's a smart thing, so I may do that this week or I could avoid it as I have been for years now. Smart people plan...will I be smart? Who out is smart? Who wants to actually go to the cemetry and pick out a plot and say "Yeah, this looks like a good spot, are the worms nice here?" Aaarrgg! This is when it would be nice to have a husband who you could add this to the "honey-do" list and I could go on avoiding this issue all together.

What brought all this on? A funeral, today I went to a co-worker's husband's funeral. I feel like Winston did when he posed for this picture.

Enough for now...

No comments: