Sunday, January 11, 2009

I don't like Thomas Hardy

I watched Tess of the d’Urbervilles on PBS tonight and bawled! I don't think I would be able to read Thomas Hardy. I know, I know, always read the book first then watch the movie. But the way this one ends, well lets just say that Thomas Hardy is no Jane Austen. Mr. Darcy came through for Lizzy. Mr. Ferras once released from obligation ran back to the woman he loved, Miss Elinor Dashwood. Jane makes you cry because it all comes out right.......Hardy makes you cry because it does not!!!

Enough now...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tess is one of the books on my reading list!!!

Dana said...

When you get 3/4 of the way through forget the box of kleenex, just keep a roll of tp next to you! It's a good story but man oh man did not expect the ending.

Just like Tolstoy's Anna...the ending you never see coming!

Anonymous said...

i'm so excited! i love a good tear jerker now and then...