Friday, August 29, 2008

So Absurd it's Funny!

For the first time in a while I took the day off today in order to have a little mini vacation this Labor Day weekend. The problem being is that mom has come down with an awful case of Shingles. Oh my gosh, I had no clue how bad those could be. So all week, she has been fending for herself while dad and I were at work.

Since I didn’t work today, I packed up Winston and we went to just lay around and take care of her. About 2 or 3 p.m she got up and was in the kitchen getting ready for to take her pain pill, I asked if she wanted anything to eat since the painkillers make her deathly ill and she said yeah. So I am up making her a cheese sandwich and I reach for the paper towel roll and WHOOAAOO!!! The most agonizing pain shoots through my back and causes me to scream and fall to the floor.

It is now 8:30 p.m and my back still hurts. The only way to explain it is a monster cramp in the back muscle in my rib area. We couldn’t help laughing at the absurdity of the fact that the caretaker needed a caretaker. At one point, after laying on the floor hoping the spasms would stop-they didn’t, I got up and could barely walk around the bed. I began to laugh, which made mom laugh – hey, I guess you could call that the bright spot of our day

Enough for now...

No comments: