Friday, April 04, 2008

A Good Day to Lay Around

At work, we finally had the big event that was a smashing success, if I do say so myself. Last Wednesday was the event and we've spent the last week wrapping things up. Writing thank yous, tabulating total attendance, creating an aftermath survey. Yesterday, I sent out the email announcing the survey, so today I took the day off to lay around and do nothing.

I do have to tell you about my wonderful adventure last Friday. I was headed to a Social Security Training, it is training I need to be able to write about it but not something I am totally excited about. The training was being held at our training center on the southeast side of the city. As I am driving to the training, I look at the map and discover I have taken the wrong Dallas exit and was rather irritated with my self when I notice in my rear view mirror is a highway trooper with his lights on.

So I pulled over to learn that my license plate 2008 decal has been stolen. Mr. Trooper writes me a warning for the decal but gives me a ticket for the lack of insurance verification. Yeah, I was that stupid to not have my insurance slip in the car.

Okay, crap! That's what I thought and went on to my training, which I was now 20 minutes late for. Then [yes, there's more] I leave training and notice that my back drivers side tire is very low. Crap again, I decide that I had better get this checked out before the weekend and I had better not get on the highway. I decide that the only tire place I know and trust is on Portland and N.W. 23rd and I am on Robinson and S.E. 59th.

Off I go, nervous and a little scared the tire won't hold. Then [yes, another then] a little red light comes on on my dashboard - "check gauges." I am out of gas. In all my traumas I had failed to notice that I was low on gas. The problem is that the part of town I am in only has those scary gas stations that only have one pump and the building looks like its a hairs breath away from condemnation. Now, I am worried that the tire won't hold and I'll run out of gas. Finally, around May and S.W. 29 I find a 7-11 with 8 or 9 pumps with credit cards accepted at the pumps. Whew...now just to make it to the tire shop.

I did. When they get the tire off, however, they discover that the small hole that needs to be patched is too close to the other patch and that I have to have a new tire. At that point the day was just too funny and this news was par for the course!

Enough for now...

No comments: