Friday, October 05, 2007

Ode to Toby

My life is whizzing by and I am unable to seem to stop the train. Work has been crash course of learning one new technology after another. First streaming video, then various ways of capturing video from other websites, and finally video production for the web, I think my brain is mush!

Yesterday, I did a good thing. My boss is the ultimate rescuer of lost or abandoned pets and it is starting to rub off on her staff. When I arrived at work, my other co-worker, R, was following a little beagle around the parking lot. We managed to get a hold of the little guy and took him up to my office where we feed him crackers and some water. He was thoroughly exhausted and once I closed my door he went to sleep. I then made "Beagle Found" signs and co-worker S and I went and hung them up around the neighborhood. Finally, we went to the 7-11 about a mile away and there was a "Lost, our little beagle Toby" flyer in the window. I ran in and took the flyer off the window and called the owners. Toby's mom began to cry when I told her we had him. I am glad we were able to reunite Toby with his family but that little guy got to me in an instant. I miss Toby.

I had lunch with my old boss a week ago and learned how lucky I am that I found this new job of mine. From what I understand, the old place is not in good shape. Yippee, I am out of the weirdness.

Enough for now...me sleepy.

No comments: