Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Trying to Save Every Penny

Just call me the super saver! I have been on a rampage ever since I received my $143 gas bill - geez, give me a break, I only have a 1,000 square foot house. I have put my decorative sconces on a timer so they come on only when I am at home. My garage light is now on a motion sensor so that I can get to my car without stumbling in the dark or leave that light on all day. And I have replaced my thermostat with one that I can program to lower the heat while I am away and asleep. I think my old thermostat was not working properly since my heater rarely comes on with these beautiful days that we are having. I wish I could just live in the most comfortable way but I have to be careful and $143 is not careful.

I wish I had something insightful to write but I feel yucky. My diet is going well but I am hungry - my sinus' are rebelling and I am battling another infection. Arrrggg. On a good note, I've already file my income taxes and already received my state refund. Gotta love Turbo Tax!

Enough for now.

2 comments:

Kim said...

DANG...you filed those taxes fast! And yes, I do love turbo tax!

Anonymous said...

Dang!! I'm still waiting on my w-2 from OKCCC...stupids didn't send them out til Jan. 31. Way to wait til the last minute, people...
I heard there is supposed to be a drop in our next gas bill..is that true??? I hope so for all our sakes!