Tuesday, December 14, 2004

I Need Out of Here!

Well, it seems that I now blog once every two weeks. Since I last wrote, I came down with another resipatory infection thanks to allergies. My doctor and I decided to stock my medicine cabinet so I can fight these attacks myself. I have nose spray, sinus medicine and decongestion medicine. My wallet is definately lighter but I don't care, I am tired of being sick and trying to hack out my lungs!

One thing I want to do to possibly help with my allergies is to remove my carpet and stain my concret slab. I am somewhat afraid of the process so if anyone has done it before and can give me tips I would be ever so grateful. Eventually, I want to install real hardwood floors but I don't have the $8,000 to do that yet!

Three days and counting till my much needed vacation. Two weeks away from this place and with my little man, sounds like heaven right now. Usually, by the end of one week vacation I am ready to go back but my Thanksgiving week off didn't do it and all's that I have been doing is dreaming of this vacation.

3 comments:

andy b said...

They make a sort of acid wash for the floor. You can water down paint and spread it out. Tape off squares to get a pattern look. My cousin Maggie is like a total expert at this kind of thing if you want her #.
A

Dawn D said...

I love being on vacation too. I'm not sure I'll be ready to go back either when it's time.

Anonymous said...

where r u, girl?? haven't heard much from DK in quite some time...